If I have a membership, who is covered?

All permanent residents of your household under the age of 18 or listed on your utility account are covered, regardless of their age or whether they are a blood relative of the utility account holder. All covered persons must reside in your household. Someone simply in town visiting is not covered. Please make sure all permanent residents in your home over the age of 18 are listed on your utility account to be covered. You can do so by emailing customerservice@edmondok.gov or calling Edmond Utility Customer Service at (405) 359-4541.

Show All Answers

1. What ambulance service does Edmond have?
2. What is included with the City’s $3 per month AMR ambulance service program?
3. Why did Edmond change ground ambulance service providers?
4. Do I live in the City of Edmond?
5. If I am already enrolled in the monthly $3 ground ambulance transport program on my Edmond utility bill, will I automatically be enrolled for AMR service starting in January 2024?
6. What is the cost of getting a subscription with AMR?
7. When can I enroll with AMR and receive ground ambulance service?
8. How do I get a membership for ground ambulance service with AMR?
9. What does it cost if I’m transported by an ambulance?
10. Can I be denied ambulance transport if I did not elect to purchase a subscription to AMR?
11. How can I reduce the cost of ground ambulance transport?
12. If I have a membership, who is covered?
13. Is Medicaid different than Medicare for ground ambulance coverage?
14. What constitutes an emergency transport?
15. What constitutes a non-emergency transport?
16. If I opt out but later change my mind, can I resume participation?
17. If I opt out, will I have to opt-out every year?
18. I pay the AMR fee at my home, but my spouse lives in a nursing home. Do they need a separate membership?
19. I pay for utilities at my two rent homes, in addition to my residence. How can my renters receive benefits?
20. I live at an apartment complex. How do I opt in?
21. I own/operate a nursing home/assisted living facility. What does this mean for us?
22. If I work and live in two different ambulance service provider areas, for example Edmond and OKC, will my $3 water bill membership cover me in both areas?
23. What about people who don't have insurance?
24. I live outside of Edmond but receive an Edmond utility bill. What does this mean for me?
25. If my ambulance service provider is unable to respond to my emergency and calls for mutual aid from another ambulance service provider, could I get a bill from the provider that transported me?
26. If I am in the City of Edmond and have a EMSA membership, can I request EMSA to transport me instead of AMR?
27. When the City of Edmond transitions to AMR, will I get an EMSAcare subscription refund if I live in Edmond but am a “direct subscriber"?
28. If I don’t live within the City of Edmond or the City of Oklahoma City, can I purchase a membership with AMR or EMSA?
29. What does it cost if I call 9-1-1?
30. What does it cost for Fire and/or Police to respond to my emergency in Edmond?
31. If I have a question about services I did not see listed here, who do I contact?