Will the City take care of trees on private property?

Any trees growing outside of the public right-of-way are not eligible for tree work administered by the city, except through the CDBG Neighborwoods program. However, the Urban Forestry Department has a program for assisting with high risk tree issues on street trees, or trees with the trunk originating within the public right-of-way. To inquire about this program, call Leigh at 359-4759 or Jesse at 359-4739.

Show All Answers

1. What is Urban Forestry?
2. If there is an issue with a tree at my home, can someone from the Urban Forestry Department help me decide what to do?
3. What is the best way to ensure that newly planted trees will survive?
4. Will the City take care of trees on private property?
5. How do I know if I am eligible for the Foster-A-Tree program?
6. Do I need a permit to prune or remove a tree at my home?
7. Can the City recommend a tree care service?
8. How can I get free trees through the City?
9. Will the City prune trees around my electric service line?
10. I have a problem with my neighbor's tree. Can the City help?
11. How can I get involved with Urban Forestry?