Edmond Transfer Station Information
You've been doing your spring cleaning, and now you have large or bulky items (appliances, sofas, mattresses, or tree limbs) to dispose of, and they won't fit in your collection cart. To dispose of these large items you can take them to the Edmond Transfer Station.
As the name implies, the facility is one where solid waste is transferred from the regular collection trucks and combined into large semi-trailer trucks to reduce the cost of transportation to the landfills for disposal. The Edmond Transfer Station is privately owned and operated. Edmond Public Works Authority (Solid Waste Services) is the primary user, but the transfer facility is open for use by others and offers a discounted rate for Edmond residents.
How it WorksThis service is a convenient, drive up and drop off system. By dropping off the items, you save half of the cost of having the items picked up through the monthly bulk-collection service. Construction debris such as cement, rock and dirt will not be accepted due to the damage it causes to the collection/hauling equipment.
Items NOT ACCEPTED at the Transfer Station:
- No hazardous waste
- No liquids, paints, pesticides, fuels or oils
- Nothing that has or has contained Freon/refrigerant
- No fluorescent light bulbs
- No tree limbs, wood or metal longer than 5ft.
- No bricks, rocks, dirt or cement
- No railroad ties
- No batteries
- No insulation
Discarded appliances are recycled as scrap metal:
- Compressors must be removed from refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners to show that Freon or coolants have been removed before landfill operators will accept them. Units must be tagged/certified by a licensed technician to show that Freon or coolants have been removed properly.
- Special Precaution: United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires all refrigerates (coolants, Freon, etc.) to be evacuated and captured before refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners can be disposed of. This requirement protects the environment from coolant agent release to the atmosphere which damages the ozone layer.
- A completed Verification of Proper Removal of CFC-Refrigerant Form must be completed and presented with the appliance when disposing at the transfer station.
Discounted Fees for Edmond ResidentsDiscounted fee schedule for Edmond residents as of May, 2022. You must bring your recent City of Edmond Solid Waste bill and your Driver's License that matches the address on the bill to receive the discounted rate. Discounted rates are for your Primary Residence and does not apply to Businesses or Rental Properties.
- $7 minimum for one item (trash can, box, etc.)
- $15 for half of a pickup load (level with the bottom of the back window of the truck)
- $22 for a full pickup load
- $28 for a small (single axle) trailer load
- $52/Ton plus fees for a large (double+ axle) trailer load
Methods of Payment