- City Services
- Services A-J
- About Finance
The Finance Department handles all aspects of accounting, budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable, investments, and cash management. Our department administers the development of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report as well as the annual five-year Budget Plan. We direct the competitive bid process for various citywide services and record all Capitals Assets for the City. We track and manage all Grants and our TIF#1 district and record and administer all Debt for the City.
Our Mission Statement
With excellence and integrity, the Finance Department is committed to building public trust through sound financial management, and innovative and effective business decisions while protecting the City’s assets, and ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. We are committed to providing timely, accurate, clear, and concise information to the City’s leadership and departments with exemplary customer service.
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- For 36 consecutive years, the City of Edmond’s Financial Services Department has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. The Certificate of Excellence recognizes our commitment to openness and comprehensive financial reporting.
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting
- For 12 consecutive years, the City of Edmond's Financial Services Department has been awarded the Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- The City of Edmond's Financial Services Department was awarded its first Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the 2021 fiscal year. This award program encourages and assists state and local governments to prepare budget documents of the very highest quality and then recognizes those organizations that succeed in achieving that goal.
Each June, the City Council holds budget hearings to discuss the City of Edmond’s budget and five-year financial plan. The foundation of the five-year plan is the five-year strategic plans for each of the city’s 36 operating units.
Attending / Viewing Budget Hearings
You are invited to attend the budget hearings or to watch them on Edmond Life TV on Cox Channel 20. The broadcast is also streamed live on this website.