Edmond Water Resources is committed to conservation and protecting our water supply. To incentivize speedy repairs of home or business water leaks, Edmond Water Resources offers an adjustment on your water bill to eligible customers.
If the leak is occurring between the water meter and the street, please call Edmond Public Works at (405) 216-7770. If the water leak is in the City’s connections, the City will repair the leak at no cost to you.
If the leak is occurring between the water meter and your home, check the leak indicator to see if it is spinning after you have turned off the faucets in your home. If the leak indicator is spinning this means you have water flowing somewhere past the meter and you will need to make the necessary repairs. Once the repairs have been completed, you may request an adjustment.
To be eligible for the adjustment, you must:
- Be a City of Edmond Water account holder.
- Have a leak that increases consumption above your average.
- Be able to provide details of repair and show reduced consumption in a subsequent month after the leak occurred.
To request an adjustment:
- The leak must be repaired within two (2) weeks of awareness.
- A maximum of two consecutive monthly bills may be covered by a single adjustment.
- An adjustment will equal 50 percent of the difference above average use of the same billing month for the previous 2 years.
- Any adjustment will be applied directly to your account on the next billing cycle after approval.
- The water leak adjustment is limited to two in a rolling 12-month period.
While a leak adjustment is under consideration, the customer shall pay consumption-related water and sewer charges equal to the average use on the account in addition to all other fees and charges on the statements under consideration. The remaining consumption-related water and sewer charges will be suspended until a determination is made on the pending leak adjustment request.
- All requests for leak adjustments must be made using the online form within 30 days of receipt of the high bill.