- 4:00 pm
- Third Tuesday of each month
- Cross Timbers Municipal Complex
2004 Old Timbers Drive
Edmond, OK 73034
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Meeting Notices
The Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Advisory Board consists of eleven members who serve three-year terms with a maximum of two terms each. As set out in Resolution 02-01 adopted February 12, 2001 by the Edmond City Council, the purpose of the Capital Improvement Projects Advisory Board is to advise the Edmond City Council with regard to the capital improvement program funded with the 2000 Capital Improvements Sales Tax (Ordinance No. 2574), along with any state and/or federal matching funds. In coordination and consultation with city staff, the Task Force also recommends budgets and construction schedules of eligible projects.
Additionally, the CIP Advisory Board is charged with advising City Council on capital improvements approved through the temporary 10-year 1/2 cent sales tax approved by voters in 2016. This sales tax runs from April 2017 - March 31, 2027. As recommended initially by a twenty-one member citizen’s task force, the ½ cent sales tax would create funding for new projects to potentially include (but not limited to):
- City road improvements to alleviate traffic congestion
- Tennis Center in partnership with Edmond Public Schools
- Expanded and improved sports facilities
- Downtown Revitalization including a potential new library, performing arts center in partnership with UCO, and parking garage
- Public Transportation enhancements and Inter-modal Center
- Expanded and improved parks system with increased splash pad facilities
- Expanded and improved trails system
- Relocated Fire Station west of Broadway and renovation of existing Fire Stations
- Animal Shelter addition
- Consolidation of City offices
- Police Lake House replacement & firing range baffling system
For more information on this board, please contact Staff Liaison Keith Stewart at (405) 216-7674 or by email.